Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Introduction

Before I really start to get into this blog, I need to introduce some inevitable facts to you.

1) I am 22 years old female journalism student from San Diego, who is currently looking to help support her family in tough financial times and make herself independent and stand on her own two feet.

2) NOT THAT IT MATTERS, but I'm also a Caucasian woman living with my typical suburban Caucasian family, (yes, we have a picket fence and a small dog that we lovingly call Squeaky).

3) And the third most important thing is that I have been in a relationship for a year and a half with a 25 year old Hispanic man that, for his privacy's sake, we will call Logan. Just the first name I thought up. A lot of these postings will surround him, my relationship with him, and things that really do affect me and him and my family.

4) Because I love my family dearly, I won't really specify their names, but my brother's and my father's I will state, because not a lot of problems surround them and a lot of the time, many funny things come out of their mouths and I'm very proud of them. My Mom will only be addressed to as my Mom. My brother is named Nathan. And my Dad, whom I will call Dad, will often make references to himself, so to him the name Chuck is addressed.

5) I do not attempt to offend, insult, or make anyone feel uncomfortable by any means necessary. If I make a joke or tease something, please keep in mind it is all done in good fun and I never really make any stereotypical or racial remarks. I'm blunt, honest, clear, and straightforward. These are my thoughts, my honest opinions on things, and bear in mind that this is for me to vent out and get off my chest. I have a lot of things to say, a lot of things to comment on, and many times will blow off the handle venting and ranting about things that, quite frankly, won't make sense. I try to utilize humor, music, pop culture references, and so on to make everything easier to relate to.

I am only 22. I'm the same as someone's daughter, sister, mother, friend, cousin, niece, student, so on. I am Every Woman. I am Every Girl. I am Every Person. (I do hope someone is catching on to this literature reference I'm making). I am blunt, honest, and sincerely emotional. I don't apologize for any of it. Those who apologize for how they feel feel guilty about what they feel.

I leave this blog with this comment: Don't EVER feel bad for how you feel, think, and what you do and say. However, that doesn't mean that what you think, feel, and say don't have consequences or can't be changed. Human beings have a right and freedom to feel, think and say what they like. And like that, human beings also have control over what they feel, think, say and react to. That comes from a change in behavior, mind, and attitude.

And that's what my blog is about. A change in behavior, mind, attitude, and thought. I'll make several references and quotes from many different professionals and sources that have changed me, (I might even provide links and ways to get a hold of them), but bear in mind that this worked for me, might work for you, but you don't have to follow or agree with everything that I am saying.

With that said, let's get started.....

No comments:

Post a Comment